Directorate of Technical Education(DTE), Assam has published a notification regarding the Merit Scholarship for Engineering Students of Assam. The DTE Assam Merit Scholarship is also know as Engineering and Technology Merit Scholarship Assam. This Merit Scholarship is for the academic session 2022-23, candidates may apply for Fresh and Renewal applications under the scheme. Please go through the below mentioned details to get the overall idea of Eligibility, Scholarship Amount, Minimum Marks Required etc. For more job, educational and scholarship notification please check Assam Job Alert Regularly.
Last Date: 12-12-22
Related: Assam ST and OBC Scholarship 2022-23
Directorate of Technical Education Assam Scholarship 2022 Details
Name of the Scholarship: Engineering and Technology Merit Scholarship Assam
For the Session: 2022-23
Name of Department: Directorate of Technical Education(DTE), Assam
For the Student:
- Degree course in Engineering & Technology (all branches).
- Post-graduate degree in Engineering & Technology (all branches).
- Post-graduate degree/diploma courses in Business Management and Administration.
- Diploma Courses.
Eligibility Criteria for Assam Technical Merit Scholarship 2022
- Only a student who is a permanent resident of Assam will be eligible for Scholarship and Book Grant. Permanent Resident Certificate to be submitted.
- The income of the beneficiary’s parents/guardian shall not exceed Rs. 5.00 Lacs per annum. An income certificate in original from competent authority (Deputy Commissioner/ Addl. Deputy Commissioner/Sub-Divisional Officer/Circle Officer) must be submitted with hardcopy of application to be submitted through the respective Institutions.
- The minimum qualifying marks for Undergraduate, Post Graduate courses should be 70% in PCM for BE/B.Tech, 70% in BE/B.Tech for ME/M.Tech for General/ OBC/MOBC and 60% for SC/ST candidates in the relevant qualifying Examination. For Diploma courses, minimum qualifying marks shall be 65% for General/OBC/ MOBC and 55% for SC/ST candidates in the relevant qualifying Examination Admission receipt must be produced alongwith hard copy.
- The Scholarship and Book Grant will be renewed every year subject to the condition that the student secures at least 60% marks up to the previous semesters and passed all subjects in one attempt.
- For award of scholarship for each course of Engineering & Technology, the candidate must be fresh entrants to the course in the current academic session i.e. 2022-23 (for Fresh students only).
DTE Assam Merit Scholarship Amount
- For students in Post-graduate degree in Engineering & Technology (all branches) @ Rs.1,000/- p.m. (both outside/inside the state).
- For students in Post-graduate degree/diploma courses in Business Management and Administration @ Rs. 250/-p.m. (both outside/inside the state).
- For students in Degree course in Engineering & Technology (all branches) @ Rs.150/- p.m. for inside the state and @Rs.250/- p.m. outside the state + Rs. 475/- Book Grants (one time) for both inside and outside the state.
- For students in Diploma Courses @ Rs.150/- p.m. (both outside/inside the state).
How to Apply for DTE Assam Scholarship 2022-23
Interested and Eligible candidates need to apply for the Assam Technical Merit Scholarship 2022 online at www.dte.assam.gov.in in between 12/11/2022 to 12/12/2022 and need to take print out after online submission and submit it to the Principal/head of institution along with the necessary copies of certificates/marksheet etc.
The applicant should submit their Bank Account details i.e., name of the bank, branch, IFS Code and Account no. in the appropriate space of the application form. (also submit the copy of first page of the bank account along with the application).
Student applying for Renewal must submit Bank statement showing the ET Scholarship amount payment receipt for previous years alongwith the hard copy of application form
To submit the application form the candidate must mention the category of scholarship mentioning the course, subject for which he/she intends to apply. The application form (hard copy) duly filled in together with the duly self- attested copies of marksheet of examination of University/Board Passed and certificate of qualification, conduct and character, age, Permanent Residential certificate as detailed in the application form must reach the office of the Director of Technical Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati-19 through the head of institution in which the candidate is admitted within the period.
The Principal/Head of institution are to send the applications after verifying to the office of the Director of Technical Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati-19 on or before 26/12/2022.