National Health Mission (NHM), Assam has recently issued an official notification for the recruitment of 699 vacancies for the post of Community Health Officer (CHO). Individuals who have completed B.Sc Nursing or Post Basic B.Sc Nursing with an Integrated Certificate Course in Community Health, as well as those holding a B.Sc. in Community Health, are eligible to apply for this position.
Interested and eligible candidates who have passed B.Sc Nursing can apply online for these positions through the official website.
Here are the details of NHM Assam CHO Recruitment:
Post Name: Community Health Officer (CHO)
Number of Posts: 699
Organization: National Health Mission, Assam
Remuneration: Rs 25,000 per month
Application Mode: Online
Last Date for Application Submission: 31st July 2023
Job Profile of Community Health Officer (CHO):
The CHO cadre is part of an initiative under Ayushman Bharat aimed at strengthening Sub-Centers as Health and Wellness Centers (H&WCs). The CHO’s role is to enhance primary healthcare services in sub-center areas by implementing public health programs, disease prevention, and health promotion. The selected candidates will be posted at Health & Wellness Centers as CHOs, leading a primary healthcare team consisting of front-line workers such as Female Health Workers (ANMs), Male Health Workers (MPWs), and ASHAs working under the Sub-Center.
Eligibility Criteria for NHM CHO Recruitment:
To be eligible for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
– Candidates must have passed B.Sc Nursing or Post Basic B.Sc Nursing with an Integrated Certificate Course in Community Health/B.Sc. Community Health.
– B.Sc. Nursing / Post Basic B. Sc Nursing from a Nursing institution/University recognized by the Indian Nursing Council/Assam Nurses Midwives’ & Health Visitors’ Council.
– Candidates must be Registered Nurse Registered Midwife (RNRM) from Assam Nurses Midwives’ & Health Visitors’ Council.
– Candidates should submit a Certificate from the Principal of their respective Nursing College confirming the completion of the Integrated Certificate Course in Community Health (as per the given format in Appendix I).
The maximum age limit for candidates is 35 years, with a relaxation of 5 years for SC and ST candidates as of 1st June 2023.
Other Criteria: Candidates should have proficiency in the regional/local language and dialect.
NHM Assam CHO Online Application:
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online by visiting the official website of NHM Assam at https://nhm.assam.gov.in Please follow the steps below to fill out the online application:
1. Scroll down and go to the Important Web-Links section.
2. Click on the “Online Application Form.”
3. A new webpage will open.
4. Select the desired post and provide all personal and educational details, and upload the necessary documents.
5. Submit the application form.
6. Finally, take a printout of the application form.
Documents to be Uploaded with NHM CHO Online Form:
The following documents need to be uploaded with the Application Form:
i) Final year mark sheet of the last qualifying exam (Final Year BSc Nursing/Post Basic BSc Nursing)
ii) Provisional/Final Degree Certificate
iii) Registration Certificate from Assam Nursing Council.
iv) Age proof certificate.
v) Caste certificate (for candidates applying under reserved category).
vi) Certificate from the Principal of the Nursing College (Appendix I)
Important Dates of NHM CHO 2023:
– Starting date of submission of online application: 13th July 2023
– Last date of submission of online application: 31st July 2023
For more details and information, you can refer to the important web links provided for NHM Assam CHO vacancy.